Throughout history, apple has been a source of inspiration. Newton, Steve Jobs and now me. One of my favourite fruit in it’s new form – A scrumptious cake.
I love this recipe because it is a no fail, easy recipe and tastes fantabulous! The cake has a nice moist sweet taste and I am sure that once you have a taste of it, you will want to make it over and over again. A perfect dessert, with its chunks of apples, nuts and raisins, all wrapped in a cinnamon-laced batter.
How I made it:
Source:Grandma\’s Fresh Apple Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 white as we dont like our cakes too sweet)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins or dates
* I used less walnuts and raisins since I am not a big fan 🙂
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt (Dry Ingredients). Set it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the egg and beat well. Next add the vanilla.
4. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Now fold in the apples, nuts and raisins.
6. Transfer the mixture to the greased loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
I have baked this cake couple of times and it comes out great every time. This recipe is definitely a keeper. It’s time for you to join the inspired bunch. Cheers and Happy Baking.