We had a joyful sunny weekend (except for the EQ scare on Saturday) and we happily assumed that spring is finally over..Summer’s finally here !!! Yipeeeee….time to pull out shorts and flip flops…jackets and thermals go to the back of the closet 🙂 Sadly that was presumptuous of us…. The weather has been really gloomy for the past 4 days 😦
I skipped my reading cos I was not very happy with my selection of books this week. I tried reading one of the 3 novels I got from the library and it almost put me to sleep (for the first time in years) 😀 And with such boring weather, I had nothing great to do- so I decided to bake myself some muffins.
This was the first time I was trying my hand at it and wanted to try something easy. Plus I wanted to use the grapes that had been lying untouched in my fridge for almost a week.
This is How I made it:
Makes – 12 muffins
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs – well beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter ( you can use margarine too)
- 1 and 1/2 cups red seedless grapes , cut into pieces
- A dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F / 190° C and line the muffins tray with paper cups.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Keep it aside.
4. Next add the milk and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients (Flour+baking powder+cinnamon) to the mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined.
6. Lightly fold in grapes.
7. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown on top
8. Cool in pan.
Muffins and a hot cup of tea certainly make up for the gloomy Wellington weather!!